Join a special trip to Fatima for the 100th anniversary of the last apparition of Mary. The trip begins in Lisbon with visits to Fatima, Lourdes, and other holy sites before ending in Barcelona.
Call or email Tanya Thelen at Classic Travel:
ITINERARY | OCTOBER 10 – 22, 2017
October 10, 2017 – DETROIT (Departure)
Depart from Detroit for Lisbon.
October 11, 2017 (Day 1) – LISBON (Arrival)
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in Lisbon. Remainder of the day is at leisure. In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner and overnight in Lisbon. (Meals: Dinner; Hotel: Sana Metropolitan Hotel)
October 12, 2017 (Day 2) – LISBON – SANTAREM – FATIMA
After breakfast, visit Jeronimos Monastery and the Church of St. Anthony. Proceed to visit the Church of the Holy Miracle in Santarém, site of a famous Eucharistic Miracle. Continue on to Fatima. You may join this evening’s rosary and candlelight procession at the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Cristal Caldas)
October 13, 2017 (Day 3) – FATIMA
This morning, after Mass at the Sanctuary, visit Our Lady of Fátima SHRINE with the tombs of the visionaries, and the Chapel of the Apparitions, made famous by the Virgin Mary’s appearance to three shepherd children-Francisco, Jacinta, and Lucia-on May 13, 1917. Afternoon at leisure, you may join this evening’s rosary and candlelight procession. Dinner at your hotel. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Cristal Caldas)
October 14, 2017 (Day 4) – FATIMA – BRAGA – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA, SPAIN
Journey north this morning and stop in Braga, one of the oldest Christian cities in the world. Visit the Bom Jesus do Monte (Good Jesus of the Mount) Sanctuary and see the unique zigzag stairway that is dedicated to the five senses-sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste-and the three theological virtues-faith, hope, and charity. Cross into Spain and head for Santiago de Compostela. Visit the Cathedral where behind the high altar lays the relic of St. James the Apostle, the brother of St. John the Evangelist. Dinner and overnight in Santiago de Compostela. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Gran Hotel Los Abetos)
October 15, 2017 (Day 5) – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – BURGOS
Today, travel to Burgos, the historic capital of Old Castile. Your visit takes you to the magnificent cathedral, a masterpiece of gothic architecture and the burial place of Spanish national hero El Cid. In evening, savor a nice dinner at your hotel. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Silken Gran Teatro)
October 16, 2017 (Day 6) – BURGOS – SAN IGNACIO DE LOYOLA – LOURDES, FRANCE
Travel through the Basque region toward Lourdes. En route, attend Mass at the 17th-century SANCTUARY of Loyola, built in honor of San Ignacio de Loyola, founder of the Jesuit religious order. See its spectacular dome and main altarpiece, built in marble and jasper. Cross the border into France, and overnight in Lourdes, home to another of the world’s most famous places of pilgrimage. Join the nightly Rosary and candlelight procession for a memorable experience. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Panorama Hotel Lourdes)
October 17, 2017 (Day 7) – LOURDES
Today’s guided walking tour includes the Grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, Bernadette’s Birthplace, and her family home. The afternoon is at leisure to further explore this little market town that became a world-renowned pilgrimage site during the 19th century. Attend Mass. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Panorama Hotel Lourdes)
October 18, 2017 (Day 8) – LOURDES – ZARAGOZA, SPAIN
After breakfast, cross the Pyrenees Mountains to Saragossa, Spain. Sightseeing and visit the famous Marian Shrine-the Basilica of Our Lady of The Pillar. On January 2nd in the year 40, Mother Mary appeared upon a pillar to the Apostle St. James while he was preaching the Gospel. The pillar is conserved and venerated within the basilica today. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Hotel & Spa Real Ciudad)
October 19, 2017 (Day 9) – ZARAGOZA – MONTSERRAT – BARCELONA
After breakfast, head to Barcelona with a stop at Montserrat. Visit the pilgrimage site of Montserrat and its countryside, situated 4,055 feet above sea level in a mountain range composed of strikingly pink conglomerate, a form of sedimentary rock, and site of the Benedictine abbey that hosts the Black Virgin of Montserrat Sanctuary, patron saint of Catalonia. Continue to Barcelona and check-in at your hotel. This evening, enjoy a savory dinner. Overnight in Barcelona. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Arenas Atiram Hotels Bar)
October 20, 2017 (Day 10) – BARCELONA
Guided sightseeing includes a drive around Montjuïc to see the Olympic Stadium and a great panoramic view of the port and city. Continue to the city center to Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia to admire the fascinating eccentricity of Gaudi’s architectural masterpieces in Houses Batlló and Milà and then visit the Sagrada Familia (inside). Afternoon is free at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Barcelona. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Arenas Atiram Hotels Bar)
October 21, 2017 (Day 11) – BARCELONA
Breakfast at your hotel. Then a free day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Barcelona. (Meals: Breakfast, Dinner; Hotel: Arenas Atiram Hotels Bar)
October 22, 2017 (Day 12) – BARCELONA (Return)
Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to Barcelona Airport to board your return flight home. (Meals: Breakfast)
Price: $3,700 per person based on double occupancy.
Single supplement: add $600 to the price above.
The price quoted includes international airfare as well as the other inclusions below. Price is based on a minimum 25 people in our group. Please share this trip with your friends and family.
- International flights
- Group arrival & departure transfers
- Hotel accommodations proposed in itinerary or similar
- Most meals (as indicated in itinerary)
- Drink package: water and house wine
- Touring with air-conditioned Deluxe Motor Coach
- Sightseeing with Licensed Tour Guides (Lisbon, Santiago, Burgos & Barcelona)
- Entrance fees as described in the itinerary
- Tour Escort throughout the tour
- Local taxes and service charges
There will be no refunds for any unused portions of the trip.
- Optional travel insurance due with the second deposit
- Lisbon & Barcelona City Tax to be paid directly on the spot
- Customary tips to your local guide and driver
- Personal expenses
BAGGAGE: Porterage for one suitcase is included in the tour land price. Due to limited coach capacity, the single bag should not exceed the dimensions of 30” x 18” x 10” and not weigh more than 50 lbs (23 kg). A charge of US $4 per travelling day is collected by the tour director for each additional piece of baggage, or if the suitcase exceeds established weight and/or dimension limitations.
TIPS & GRATUITIES for the Tour Director, driver or local guides are left to the discretion of the traveler or the group leader. As a guideline, the general rule is US $6 per person, per day for the Tour Director and US $3 per person, per day for the driver and US $2 per person, per day to the local guide.
Please email email@example.com the following information to register:
- FULL NAMES as shown on passports (usually first, middle, and last)
- Dates of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Room occupancy — Are you sharing a room as a double (with who) or a single? If you are registering as a single, let me know if you want me to match you up to another single.
- $250 per person deposit due to register
- Copy of your passport (if you have it yet)
- Deposit #1: $250 per person due January 31, 2017 — refundable until April 1, 2017 while we continue to build our group
- Deposit #2: $250 per person + travel insurance due April 1, 2017 at which point the deposits become NON-REFUNDABLE
- Travel insurance is approx. $250 per person, based on trip cost and age, and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Final Payment: due July 2017
Forms of Payment: Check or cash is preferred, however, we do accept major credit cards with a 3% service fee. Checks can be made out to “Classic Travel” and sent to Classic Travel, Attn: Tanya Thelen, 4767 Okemos Rd, Okemos, MI 48864.
TRAVEL INSURANCE :
Optional travel insurance is not included but is highly recommended and should be purchased by the second deposit due date. The cost is based on the age of traveler and trip cost per person. Please indicate on your registration form if you would like a quote.
- Trip Cost, Trip Cancellation & Interruption: Insurance pays for loss due to covered unforeseen circumstances, death, injury, or illness to you or a family member. Includes coverage for missed connections due to weather as well as other covered unforeseen circumstances. This is NOT a cancel-for-any reason insurance.
- $250 Baggage Delay: Pays for the purchase of essential items if your bags are delayed for more than 24 hours.
- $1,000 Baggage & Travel Documents: Primary coverage for covered items lost, stolen, or broken on your trip. Includes borrowed or rented property.
- $750 Travel Delay: Pays for covered additional accommodations and travel expenses for any delay over 12 hours.
- $25,000 Medical Expense: Pays for covered accident, sickness, and emergency dental with no daily limits or deductibles.
- $100,000 Emergency Assistance: Pays for covered evacuation expenses as directed by a doctor to the nearest adequate medical facility.
- $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment: Pays for direct accidental death or dismemberment.
- Trip Mate Assistance: 24-hours a day while you are on your trip.
A valid passport is needed for travel to Europe. You must make sure it is valid for 6 months beyond your RETURN travel date. Please make sure your passports are valid through April 30, 2018. Names on the reservation MUST match your passport exactly.
I will eventually want a COPY of your passport — please send with your first deposit OR at least by the second deposit.
Call or email Tanya Thelen at Classic Travel:
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9 AM – 3:00 PM