Experience the sights and sounds of London while walking in the footsteps of the healthcare pioneer and founder of modern nursing, Florence Nightingale. Your guide will be internationally recognized nurse historian and Nightingale scholar, Dr. Louise Selanders, EdD, RN, FAAN, a.k.a. “Flo’s Sister.” While rich with historical nods and nuances, the itinerary also includes time for participants to explore London on their own.
Dates: June 11 – 17, 2018 (depart the United States on June 10)
Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Depart the United States on an overnight flight to London
Monday, June 11, 2018
- Private coach transfer from London Heathrow to hotel if your flight arrives at or before 6:40 AM
- Afternoon and evening on own to adjust and relax
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- Welcome Breakfast – meet and greet your fellow trip participants
- Morning guided tour of London – Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, London Eye (including Fast Track admission), Tower of London, and more
- Afternoon lecture from Dr. Selanders at hotel
- Evening semi-private reception with study abroad students in hotel restaurant with tea/coffee, soft drinks, and canapés
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- Morning lecture from Dr. Selanders at hotel
- Guided tour of the Florence Nightingale Museum (including admission)
Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Full-day excursion to Stonehenge (including admission) and Wellow to see Nightingale’s home at Embley Park (now Hampshire Collegiate School) and her final resting place at the Church of St. Margaret
Friday, June 15, 2018
Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Free day on own
- Evening semi-private reception in hotel restaurant with 2 glasses of house wine, beer, or soft drink and canapés
Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Private coach transfer to London Heathrow airport if your flight departs at or after 10:35 AM
- Single Occupancy – $3,539
- Double Occupancy – $2,529 per person
Land prices are based on a minimum of 15 passengers booked.
- Daily full breakfast, including arrival day during normal breakfast hours
- Two receptions
- Accommodations at the Radisson Blue Edwardian Grafton Hotel in a standard room
- Admission (Fast Track) to the London Eye
- Admission to the Florence Nightingale Museum
- Admission to Stonehenge
- Transportation as listed in the itinerary
- Airfare and other airline-imposed fees (e.g. baggage fees)
- Porterage of suitcases at hotels, airports, rail stations or cruise terminals, unless listed in your itinerary
- Lunches and dinners
- Gratuities for drivers, hotel, guides, and other services
- Passport, visa, and entry/exit fees
- Travel insurance, please inquire for details
Delta Group Flights: $1,194 per person
|Sun., June 10, 2018||Depart Detroit (DTW) 5:59 PM||Arrive London (LHR) 6:40 AM|
|Sun., June 17, 2018||Depart London (LHR) 10:35 AM||Arrive Detroit (DTW) 1:58 PM|
On your registration form, please describe any variations to the above itinerary for which you would like a quote.
Group flight price is valid until March 5, 2018 and is based upon availability and a minimum of 10 passengers booked on the group flights.
Optional travel insurance is not included but is highly recommended and should be purchased at time of registration. The cost is based on the age of traveler and trip cost per person. Please indicate on your registration form if you would like a quote.
Passports are required for international travel and should be obtained well in advance. Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your return to the United States. For more information, visit travel.state.gov.
DEPOSIT: A land deposit of $500 per person and full payment for flights is due at time of registration to confirm space. Space is limited. First come, first served!
FINAL PAYMENT DUE APRIL 4, 2018. Land cancellations are refundable until April 4, 2018, less a $100 per person fee. Air cancellations are refundable until March 5, 2018, less a $50 per person fee. No refunds will be issued after these dates.
Classic Travel accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. If you would like to pay by check, make checks payable to Classic Travel and mail or deliver to the address below.
KATIE CONWAY: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOY THRUN: email@example.com
4767 Okemos Road
Okemos, MI 48864
Toll Free: 1-800-643-3449
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5:30 PM