At the Airport Terminal
- Use concealed bag tags.
- Spend as little time as possible in airports.
- Pass through security checks quickly.
- Do not remain in vicinity of checkpoints.
- Once through these areas, go to a lounge or other open area away from baggage lockers and find a seat with a good view of the area. If possible sit with your back to a wall.
- Remain alert, be a people watcher.
- Do not give room numbers to strangers.
- Choose an inside room, change rooms, change hotels.
- Sleep away from street side.
- Leave lights on when room is vacant.
- Pull curtains, jam doors.
- Arrange knock signals. No knock, no open.
- Answer phone “Hello” not with name.
- Turn lights out before opening door. Look before you exit.
- Vary use of stairs and elevators. Exit on different floors.
- If confronted have a plan of action ready.
- Never use the same route through lobby.
- Occasionally use rear entrance.
- Keep room key in your possession at all times.
- A vast majority of assassinations occur departing hotels, offices, domiciles, and on the way to work. Try to detect surveillance.
- Have clear view of approaches to your car.
- Alternate parking places, alternate cars.
- Lock car when unattended.
- Look for tampering, check undercarriage, be alert when opening door, look under seats.
- Keep tank at least 1/2 full.
- Alter routes. Avoid choke points.
- Plan escape route as you drive. Watch mopeds, motorcycles. Use high speed routes when possible.
- Know locations of safe havens at home, office, and en route.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- Drive with windows up and doors locked.
At All Times
- Vary eating places.
- Alternate shopping locations.
- Do not establish any sort of pattern.
- Avoid crowded areas (hotel lobby, airports, bars, theaters, restaurants, marketplaces, etc.) Refuse first taxi offered.
- Be especially alert leaving bars, restaurants, etc.
- Know how to use local phone system. Carry phone change.
- Know emergency phone numbers for police, ambulance, and hospital.
- Know the location of nearest US embassy and other safe locations where you can find refuge/assistance.
- Always look before you close doors.