Please join fellow Okemos families at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace in Punta Cana, the Dominican Republic from March 30 – April 6, 2019.
*Update 9/18/2018: Only 7 spots left!*
Barceló Bávaro Palace – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic:
The Barceló Bávaro Palace is one of the best luxury 5-star, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Located next to one of the 10 most spectacular beaches in the world, it is designed for those who love sitting under the sun, listening to the sound of the Caribbean breeze rustling through the palm trees, and admiring the coral reef amidst the crystal clear waters.
Rest and relaxation are guaranteed at this resort. As a Barceló Bávaro Palace guest, you will wake up each day in a serene paradise and live your day to the fullest with the luxurious activity choices. Choose between the most soothing form of relaxation or the most exhilarating range of water and land activities.
The rooms are luxurious, spacious, and surrounded by an idyllic landscape. Enjoy 11 restaurants that include seafood, steak, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Spanish, and French cuisines.
After your meals, spoil yourself with a variety of water sports, a golf course, the U-Spa, The Barcy Water Park, and pools for families and adults-only!
Barceló Bávaro Palace – Room Options:
CHOICE A: Ocean Front Premium Junior Suite:
These junior suites that feature stunning sea views measure 721 sq.ft. and even include a hot tub on the terrace of the room. Four guests can be accommodated in heavenly comfort and exclusivity. With pillow-top beds, you will have the best night’s sleep (and daytime naps).
If you book this junior suite, you will also be able to enjoy Premium-Level-Only benefits so that you can maximize your luxurious time in Punta Cana.
Show All Features...
- 1 king bed
- 1 queen sofa bed
- Terrace with hot tub
- Microwave oven, minibar, safe, coffee machine, iron with ironing board, and exclusive Premium-Only amenities (free of charge)
- Fully-equipped bathroom
- Bathrobe and slippers (free of charge)
- Radio alarm clock
- Air conditioning
- 1 LCD TV that is 42”
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dressing Mirror
Premium-Level-ONLY Special Services: Barceló has created its own concept with an endless range of unique advantages and personalized service. If you book the Premium Ocean Front Junior Suite, you can enjoy exclusive services with all the quality and comfort offered by this resort.
See The Premium Perks...
- Avoid lines/queues by checking in and out in a private lounge
- Benefit from late check-out subject to hotel availability
- Enjoy the buffet breakfast, canapés, and premium drinks in a relaxed setting in their private lounge
- Be spoiled with personalized attention from Barceó’s exclusive concierge service in the mini-lobbies just for Premium Level guests
- Stay up-to-date with all the international newspapers, books, board games, DVDs, and internet
- 24 hour VIP room service
- Bottle of rum on arrival
- Pillow menu
- Aromatherapy menu
- Exclusive minibar and toiletries
- Turndown service
- Pool towels in the room
- Free Wi-Fi in the room
- Free express laundry
- Exclusive Manager’s Cocktail (once a week)
- Free entry to Pirates Island water park
- Souvenir shop and surprise gifts for children under 12 years old
- Access to all the facilities and services of Barceló Bàvaro Beach (adults-only)
- All à-la-carte restaurants with no charge or limitations
- Priority reservations in the restaurants, golf course, spa, massages on the beach, private dinners, function rooms, and tours
- Access to the U-Spa hydromassage area
- 10% discount on spa services
- Option to make bookings in restaurants in advance of your arrival or by calling the hotel directly
- Preferential restaurant for breakfast and lunch
CHOICE B: Superior Room:
The Superior Rooms are new and feature 447 sq.ft. that offer all the comfort that you need at the most optimal temperatures. Bonus: Stunning views of the golf course.
When you stay in one of these rooms, you’ll enjoy a free round of golf for each 2-night stay. (Additional charges may apply)
Here are all of the Superior Room details:
Show All Features...
- 1 king-sized bed
- Sitting area
- 32” LED TV
- Minibar, coffee machine, & safe (all free of charge)
- Magnifying mirror
- Rain effect shower
- Bathrobes (free of charge)
PACKAGE PRICES & INCLUSIONS
- March 30, 2019 – Miami Air #6002: Lansing (LAN) 8:40 AM – Punta Cana (PUJ) 2:00 PM
- April 6, 2019 – Miami Air #6003: Punta Cana (PUJ) 2:00 PM – Lansing (LAN) 6:50 PM
Flight times are subject to change.
- Personal item & Carry-on bag are free
- First checked bag is $50 per person for the roundtrip.
- FREE if you purchase “Travel Protection Preferred Perks Plus” travel insurance
- FREE if you book Premium Seats ($40 each way)
- Second checked bag is $50 per person for each way
Special Seat Assignment Fees:
- Preferred Perks Plus: $50 each way
- Premium: $40 each way
- Exit Row: $29 each way
- Coach: $19 each way
* Please note that seat assignments are not available to assign in advance on the group flights.
|Per Person Pricing||SINGLE||DOUBLE||TRIPLE|
|Ocean Front Premium Junior Suite (max. 4)||$4,397.34||$3,127.34||$2,947.34|
|Superior Room (max. 3)||$3,257.34||$2,447.34||$2,337.34|
*There is a $10 Tourist Card that is included in each person’s air ticket
Rates given are per person, based on number of room occupants and include:
- Round-trip charter flights from Lansing to Punta Cana via Miami Air
- Accommodations for 7 nights at the Barceló Bávaro Palace, Punta Cana
- Shared round-trip transfers between the airport and resort
- All-Inclusive: meals, snacks, beverages, entertainment, taxes, and gratuities
- Optional travel insurance is not included but is highly recommended
- Should be purchased at the time of registration
- Allows you to cancel for any reason prior to flight check-in, including scheduled airfares and airline penalties
- Must cancel prior to boarding
- cash-back is given
- Covers trip interruption and trip delay
- Covers medical expenses and emergency assistance
- FREE first checked-bag with purchase of travel insurance ($50 value!)
- Cost per person is $134.99
- Trip Interruption- If you must interrupt your trip after departure due to a covered injury, sickness, or death- your own or that of a traveling companion or a family member or for other covered reasons, as defined, you will be reimbursed for the unused, non-refundable land or water arrangements and the additional transportation charges paid to return home or to rejoin your trip (limited to the cost of one-way airfare using the same class of fare as the original ticket). Coverage is limited to the value of your original Apple Vacations package price.
- Trip Delay- Provides reimbursement up to $100 per day (maximum $500) for reasonable accommodation, meals, and local transportation expenses if you are delayed for 12 hours or more due to a covered reason such as common carrier delay; quarantine; loss of passport, travel documents or money; natural disaster; or a documented weather condition preventing you from getting to the point of departure.
- Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance- Provides reimbursement up to $25,000 for reasonable and customary medical expenses incurred during the trip for a covered sickness or injury which occurs while on your trip; for emergency dental treatment received during your trip not to exceed $750; up to $50,000 for the cost of emergency transport to the nearest hospital or medical facility, including escort expense (both, if deemed necessary by the attending Legally Qualified Physician), for a covered injury or sickness which occurs while on your trip; or the cost of homeward carriage if deceased.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment- Up to $10,000. These benefits are paid if a loss occurs within 180 days of a covered injury which occurs while on your trip.
- Baggage and Personal Effects- Up to $1,000. Coverage for direct physical loss or damage to your baggage, passports, or visas while on your trip. There is a per article limit of $300. There is a combined maximum limit of $600 total for the following: jewelry; watches; articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum; furs; articles trimmed with or made mostly of fur; sporting equipment, ski equipment, personal computers, radios cameras, camcorders, and their accessories and related equipment and other electronic items. If, while on your trip, your baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours, the plan will pay up to $100 for the purchase of necessary additional clothing and personal articles.
- For complete details, visit: http://www.tripmate.com/wpN430
Names given MUST MATCH PASSPORTS EXACTLY. Passports are required for international travel and should be obtained well in advance. Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your return to the US. For more information, please visit the Dominican Republic page at travel.state.gov.
Registration & Payments
- A $200 NONREFUNDABLE per person deposit is required at time of booking.
- Credit Card – Please complete the Credit Card Authorization_Spring Break 2019 form, including cardholder signature.
- Check- Please make checks payable to Classic Travel and mail or deliver to Classic Travel.
- eCheck – We will call you for your routing and account numbers for electronic transfer.
- Final payment is required prior to January 18, 2019.
- Include optional insurance premium of $134.99 per person with the initial deposit
- Cancel by January 17, 2019: $200 per person penalty
- Cancel between January 18, 2019: 100% per person penalty